Al Nadwa Institute www.alnadwa.ca
Al-Huda Institute www.alhudainstitute.ca
Brampton Islamic Centre www.bsia.ca
Dar Al-Tawheed Islamic Centre www.daraltawheed.ca/
Federation of Muslim Women www.fmw.org
ICNA Sisters Canada www.icnasisters.ca
Islamic Propogation Centre/Jame Masjid Mississauga www.jamemasjid.org
Iqra Islamic School www.iqraislamicschool.com
Lote Tree Foundation www.lotetree.ca
Masjid Farooq www.masjidfarooq.com
Islamic Community Centre of Ontario www.icco.ca
Muslim Neighbour Nexus www.mnnexus.ca
National Zakat Foundation www.nzf.ca
Sayeda Khadija Centre www.skcentre.com
West-End Islamic Centre www.weic.ca
Be a member
Who can become a member?
- Membership in MCP is limited to not for profit organizations or registered charities who believe in the Quran as the word of God and the finality of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).
- These organizations are mosques, schools and other not for profit/charitable corporations whose mandate is clearly to serve Muslims.
- Member organizations operate in Peel Region and have an office in Mississauga, Brampton or Caledon.
How can an organization become a member?
- An organization must complete and sign a membership application
- Appropriate payment arrangements with MCP have to be made.
- Any Non-Profit Muslim Organization serving the Muslim community in Peel Region as per Membership conditions in our bylaws, can join MCP and become a voting member but must pay $100 per month.
What are the fees?
- Membership fees are due each calendar year in order to keep memberships active.
- $100 per month or $1200 per year
What are the funds use for?
- Membership fees determine the operating budget for MCP.
- Funds are primarily used for staff salaries, administration and marketing/communications.
What are the benefits of membership?
- A Member organization’s programs and services will be profiled on the MCP website.
- Organizations will have access to a members only area on the website.
- Members will be a part of initiatives to help better serve the community.
- Members will have opportunities to network and collaborate to gain value for money.
- Members will have access to training, information and resources
- Members will be represented in the community at various councils, committees and meetings.
- Members will have a stronger voice when political leaders, policy makers and media want to hear from the Muslim community in Peel.
- Two representatives per member organization will be consulted on a regular basis on matters impacting the community in Peel.
- As an active member organization, each organization will have one vote at the AGM and at any other members meeting where decisions are made through a vote.
Will membership impact an organization’s autonomy?
- Membership in MCP will not regulate any organization’s operations, practices or beliefs.